Monday 6 February 2012

Research and planning - Mock up website









This is my mock up Website homepage. I wanted the background of the website to be very girly and have a fantasy look , this is because the target audience for my artist is teenage girls between the age of 13-16 and alot of teenage girls fantasize about life and love and the background will relate to the fans. The background also relates to my artist as she is very girly and has had many dreams growing up. The layout of the home page is very similar to Taylor Swifts website as i think this layout is very clear and effective, by having an image of he artist and their name and also "welcome to my website" it maked the viewer feel the artist is talkng to them and fans feel closer to the artist. The image is used shows a shy side to my artist as many teenage girls are shy and hide behind things, the artist relates to this as she hides behind her music and her music really expresses her and her feelings.


Step by Step - How i made the website



I first found an image that i wanted to be used for the background of the website, i then opened this in photoshop.






I added text at the top of the image, this is the tool bar that gives a link to related pages.


To make the tool bar stand out i pasted a rectangle on top of the text by using the shape tool.




I then added an image of mt artist and lowered the opacity to make the image blend into the background image.


To finish off the home page i added the artist name "Emma Jones" and "welcome to my website" by using the text tool.












No comments:

Post a Comment